Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Volcanoes National Park

While I was in Hawaii for my summer vacation, went to Volcanoes National Park. I did 4 things there.

1. Go down a lava tube
2. We saw the Kilauea Cauldron
3. We went to the museum to study the history of the volcanoes
4. I hiked down a tropical rainforest that was awesome


In the lava tube, I Walked down a lava rock tunnel for about 10 minutes. =The tunnel was man made but it went right through a lot of igneous rock. DON'T TAKE ANY ROCKS FROM THE TUNNEL! In Hawaii, there is a myth saying that if you take a rock, the goddess Pele, The Volcano Goddess will be mad at you. She will bring you bad luck until you return it in the exact same place you found it.The park has a warning saying; High amounts of dangerous sulfur may be present in the park. Even though it has that warning, you should not miss the exciting sight of bubbling, lava.
I also saw the Kilauea Cauldron. It was a gigantic volcano. You should go see it. I could see the bubbling red liquid that was lavaI could almost feel the 2,000 degrees fahrenheit. It was like a steam room except hotter.
I also went to see the museum at the park. I learned about volcanoes, How they are formed, and what they do to modern Hawaii. Did you know that The Big Island’s Eastern side is growing?!
The next thing I did was hike down a rainforest and see many cool things such as bamboo shoots and many varieties of fern.
There is a new island being born to Hawaii. It is called Loihi. It will breach out of the ocean and become an island 100,000,000 years from now. I won't get to see it! The new island is being formed from a volcano that erupts a lot.

Overall, my Volcano experience was very fun And I hope to go to Hawaii again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment