Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

My parents college friends are ruining my sanity.


Yesterday, I just went to a birthday party. The birthday girl was 2 years old. She was 2! How do my parents expect me to stay sane in a birthday party full of sweaty toddlers? Anyway her brother also invited his friends. The upstairs rooms were filled with a bunch of 9 year olds that were obsessed with Pokemon. I played Pokemon when I was 5. They are 9? What has the younger generation became?? Anyway, for 3 hours, I had to listen to specific phrases like: “OMIGOSH, MY BEEDRIL EVOVLED” and “DUDE, I BOUGHT A MASTERBALL AND I CAUGHT A RIACHU!!”, while my parents were “socializing with their friends” which probably meant exchanging ideas on how to control their children. And with all of this pokemon discussions and adults chattering, there was no place I could get some peace and quiet. Because I am the only one who is over 10 years old at the party, I couldn’t relate to anyone. This comes to my main point: My parents college friends are ruining my sanity.
Unfortunately, there were many more events I went through to formulate this opinion. I went to a child’s birthday a year ago, at a hiking park area. One, who holds a child’s 3rd birthday in a place you are supposed to use to hike and do recreational activities? Two, it was melting outside. I literally had to splash cold water on top of my head to make sure I don’t die (of heat). Guess what! The people who made the party were my parents college friends.

Whenever my parents tell me that they are going to a party, My face becomes like this: -_- . This face also happened when my parents are invited every year to see the super bowl at  friends house. Sure, they make really tasty food, but it is really boring. They don’t want kids in the TV area, because we are constantly making noises. We have to go upstairs, and there is nobody who is over 8 upstairs.

I am pretty sure that in one point in someone’s childhood, they go through a time when they don’t really like anyone under 8. But I get really mad when someone memorizes some random number of a calculator to make it look like they know exactly what it is. Over a superbowl party, this guy came up to my and says: “What is sin(6)?” I’m just in 6th grade, I haven’t learned that yet. Then, that person says: “ Its -0.27941549819!!! HAHA, you don’t know!!” See, this really makes me angry. He just gets a calculator and says what he looked up. He is in 3rd grade, and he doesn’t even know how to multiply decimals. These kids are either really really annoying, or don’t know how to talk in complete sentences.

Once, I took a first edition new copy of The House of Hades, A bestselling book. I returned home with the whole cover torn. This is what happened:
Step one to ruining a Jeevan’s favorite book:
Wait for the Jeevan to walk into a dark room on accident.
Step 2:
Ambush him by throwing a blanket on him.

Step 3:
Take the book
Step 4: Kick him out of the room, and make sure he doesn’t enter. Make someone read the book aloud.

This is exactly what happened. I spent the entire night trying to get the book back. When I had to leave, they gave it back, with so much rips and tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment