Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

My speech on the American Dream

What is the American Dream?
I have been experiencing the American Dream throughout my entire life. You could say I have a nice family, a good education, and a bright future. My parents wanted this when they were children. They immigrated from India into America, under the impression that America offers much more jobs and opportunities, which it does.

The American Dream from my perspective as a 7th grader is that whatever you aim for, you can achieve with passion, drive, and respect. One thing that separates America from the other countries is that you can start from nothing, and become a huge star. We can see this through some people such as Sergey Brin, who came from Russia and created Google. America has that effect to make everyone innovative, which is why it is such a successful company today.

The American Dream means a lot to me. When I grow up, I want to be an attorney. It would take me 10 times less effort in America, to achieve the same thing in a country without such dream, such as Vietnam or Nigeria. I have that assurance just by living in America, that when I grow up, I will be successful, which is rare in other countries.
The way my family uses the American Dream is to motivate me. They tell me that they had no assurance of a prosperous life, and they really needed to work hard to get where they are today. I feel lucky, and very advantageous, because of the American Dream that allowed so much people to be successful from a third world country, where not as much opportunities are offered.

America has a unique shine that allows me to think that whatever I want to be, I will be. If I were to suddenly change my perspective and want to become a doctor, I know that I will still be able to achieve such goal, with the exact same amount of effort needed for me to become an attorney.

America is called the Land of opportunity for a reason, it allows for everyone, rich and poor, African or American, Asian or Latino, Smart or not, to achieve a goal set through just the passion and drive to get it accomplished. Though there is racism, and poverty in America, it does not define you. You are not who you look like in America. Your success only depends on your power to go on, from failures, from losses, and from wins. America offers the land that keeps the world from losing innovation.

America is for Youth. When the new generation of immigrants come in from all over the world and grasp the American Dream, the true innovation and new perspectives come about, and America is one of the only countries that offers that.

No comments:

Post a Comment